This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PING] Interprocedural Constant Propagation for mainline
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Razya Ladelsky <RAZYA at il dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:02:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PING] Interprocedural Constant Propagation for mainline
- References: <20050629021442.GA6687@topo.toronto.redhat.com> <OFDAD307C6.7C46D3DA-ONC2257036.00395182-C2257037.002EDAE5@il.ibm.com>
On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 11:35:25AM +0300, Razya Ladelsky wrote:
> Therefore, I prevent adding assignment statements if there's an asm call.
You were probably papering over the real bug. You'll need to dig
up the test case and see what's going on. There is no logical
reason why we can't do IPCP on functions with asm instructions.
Remember if this was preventing bootstraps or was it just this
program that was failing?