This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC]: designing customizable format attributes
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 23:05:48 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [RFC]: designing customizable format attributes
- References: <4916B8E2-F0CA-11D9-9CA6-003065BDF310@apple.com>
On Sat, 9 Jul 2005, Mike Stump wrote:
> On Saturday, July 9, 2005, at 07:02 AM, Kai Henningsen wrote:
> > I once tried to do some macro wizardry to get at least some cases checked,
> > but dropped it when I realized %@ wasn't going to work; that specifier is
> > awfully common in objc code.
> I'd like to get %@ in the checking code for the Objective languages. :-)
Given that I don't currently see extensible checking as usefully feasible
without causing maintainability problems, I think it would be reasonable
to continue to add built-in support for additional types of widely used
formats - such as these Objective-C ones.
Joseph S. Myers http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
firstname.lastname@example.org (personal mail)
email@example.com (CodeSourcery mail)
firstname.lastname@example.org (Bugzilla assignments and CCs)