This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] Fix 21799
- From: "Giovanni Bajo" <rasky at develer dot com>
- To: "Nathan Sidwell" <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 15:12:18 +0200
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] Fix 21799
- References: <42CE5E8A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nathan Sidwell <email@example.com> wrote:
>> This patch fixes 21799 a latent deduction bug exposed by my
>> of DR214. We cannot deduce T as 'X const' against a pointer to constant
>> member function, for instance. The CV qualifiers must match exactly. I
>> took the same approach for a restrict qualifier.
>> booted & tested on i686-pc-linux-gnu, installed on mainline.
>> queued for 4.0.2
Well you're special casing method_type. The correct fix would be to encode
the CV qualification within the METHOD_TYPE instead of within the "this"
pointer in the arguments. If we did this, we would not need any special