This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, committed] PowerPC atomic ops (1/n)
- From: Geoffrey Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 07 Jul 2005 16:56:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, committed] PowerPC atomic ops (1/n)
- References: <200507071443.j67Ehc028186@makai.watson.ibm.com>
David Edelsohn <email@example.com> writes:
> The following patch is one in a series to clean up the PowerPC
> atomic ops implementation. This is based on the Alpha implementation, as
> suggested by Richard Henderson.
> All atomic UNSPEC codes are changed to volatile.
I didn't use unspec_volatile in the original implementation because it
is unnecessarily strict; it prevents the compiler from moving any kind
of instruction over these, even instructions that only affect registers.