This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: make PLUS commutative by default
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: Joern RENNECKE <joern dot rennecke at st dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, Dave Anglin <dave dot anglin at nrc dot ca>
- Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 15:51:04 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: make PLUS commutative by default
- References: <42CAB83B.email@example.com> <200507051704.j65H4hvG006980@earth.phy.uc.edu>
On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 01:04:43PM -0400, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> It is not just PA any more. IIRC ia64 has the same issue too.
No, because ia64 doesn't use PLUS for this.
[(set (match_operand:DI 0 "gr_register_operand" "=r")
(unspec:DI [(match_operand:SI 1 "gr_register_operand" "r")]
"addp4 %0 = 0,%1"
[(set_attr "itanium_class" "ialu")])
which, frankly, is the solution that PA ought to adopt as well.
There's no reason why they can't consider
(mem (unspec [(reg 100) (reg 200)] ADDP4))
a valid address.