This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [committed] Delete use of MEMBER_TYPE_FORCES_BLK on HP PA
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2005 19:58:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: [committed] Delete use of MEMBER_TYPE_FORCES_BLK on HP PA
- References: <200507061614.j66GEs0b005878@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca>
> The mode as passed to function_arg is SImode, but function_arg
> treats it as BLKmode.
OK. But I'm primarily talking about the mode of the type, as computed by
compute_record_mode, which is heavily used by Gigi.
> That's effectively what I did by eliminating the use of
> MEMBER_TYPE_FORCES_BLK in the PA backend. However, I'm not sure the
> language layer can completely divorce itself from the calling conventions
> as they impact promotion, etc.
That doesn't seem to interfere much for record types.