This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: make PLUS commutative by default
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- To: joern dot rennecke at st dot com (Joern RENNECKE)
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, law at redhat dot com (Jeff Law), dave dot anglin at nrc dot ca (Dave Anglin)
- Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 13:04:43 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: RFA: make PLUS commutative by default
> This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> We currently have a hack in jump.c that consideres something
> commutative only if it is commutative and not a PLUS,
> to address an hp-pa specific issue. PLUS is actually one of the
> most important operators to consider commutativity for,
> including when it is an address. And there are more places where
> commutativity should be taken into account, like in cselib.
> So, before we start copying the hack around, we should rather
> replace it with a target hook call.
> I have broken this patch out of the if-conversion / cross-jumping
> merging patch, updated it, and added a jump.c hunk.
> Unfortunately, I can't test this patch on an hppa system; I have
> checked that it can cross-built a cc1, though, and am running
> an i686-pc-linux-gnu bootstrap / regtest.
It is not just PA any more. IIRC ia64 has the same issue too.