This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Bad checkin/ChangeLog to toplev.c on 2005-03-31?
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, jh at suse dot cz
- Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 08:43:22 +0200
- Subject: Re: Bad checkin/ChangeLog to toplev.c on 2005-03-31?
- References: <20050705052628.GA20853@lucon.org>
> The ChangeLog for
> * toplev.c (wrapup_global_declarations): Kill non-unit-at-a-time code.
> (check_global_declarations): Ifdef out code clearing DECL_RTL.
> But there was no change to check_global_declarations at all. Is that
> a typo or some change is missing? I am trying to figure out how
It is somewhat inaccurate changelog (I concatenated it from the original
entries as it was developed on a branch and this change went away with
some unrelated cleanups during the progress and I failed to mention it
in changelog later). Sorry for that.
> to fix a serious 4.0/4.1 regression:
> where debug info is omitted for uninitialized variables. It seems that
> check_global_declarations does the wrong thing on uninitialized
Hmm, there are quite few nasty bits here. I think you are right in the
bug audit trail that check_global_declarations should be reordred after
cgraph finalization as it checks TREE_ASM_WRITTEN flag that is clearly
not set in a way it expects.