This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix tree-opt/22037, ICE not renaming a VOP
- From: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 06:41:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix tree-opt/22037, ICE not renaming a VOP
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jul 4, 2005, at 6:37 AM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
The problem here is that we copy propagate a constant into a builtin
but we don't
(and cannot) rename the vops as we are doing this optimization in
merging two basic blocks.
This patch fixes the problem by creating a variable for that PHI if it
constant so we don't fold the builtin.
OK? Bootstrapped and tested on powerpc-darwin with no regressions.
Woops forgot the changelog:
* tree-cfg.c (tree_merge_blocks): Don't propagate constants either.