This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [4.0.x] may reach end warning in system headers
- From: Michael Veksler <VEKSLER at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at apple dot com>
- Cc: pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2005 14:47:29 +0300
- Subject: Re: [4.0.x] may reach end warning in system headers
References: <20050701183024.E138714C16A9@geoffk5.apple.com> <
Geoff Keating wrote:
> On 01/07/2005, at 11:32 AM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> > This is PR 21951 which should be worked around in
> > libstdc++ instead of in GCC or at that least that
> > is what was decided.
> It's wrong that the compiler is warning about a system
> header, even if libstdc++ should be changed to fix this
> one instance.
I agree with this view for a production compiler only
(on a release branch). I don't agree with this view for
Enabling warnings in system headers should be done at
the same time as checking is enabled for gcc
(configure --enable-checking), otherwise bugs in system
headers might escape.