This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [committed] Fix problem with the rename of pp_format_text to pp_format in the java front-end
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, alanm at gcc dot gnu dot org, GCJ Patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 00:33:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: [committed] Fix problem with the rename of pp_format_text to pp_format in the java front-end
- References: <email@example.com>
Andrew Pinski <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This fixes the problem with compiling the java front-end.
This is, sadly, not a complete fix. pp_format() does not produce
output; you need to call pp_output_formatted_text() too. (The name is
confusing, yes; feel free to rename it to something more sensible, if
you can think of one.) See pretty_print.c:pp_printf() for the proper
way to do it.
I apologize for missing these; I was under the impression that the
pretty-print.h interfaces were only used directly by the C and C++
front ends (and their Objective- variants) so I did not test Java.