This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: PR testsuite/21865 (really a middle-end vector bug)
- From: "John David Anglin" <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: rth at redhat dot com (Richard Henderson)
- Cc: sje at cup dot hp dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 19:45:17 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: Patch: PR testsuite/21865 (really a middle-end vector bug)
> Personally I think you should simply xfail the one test and be done
> with it.
We don't actually have to xfail it. We can use -fno-common. Only
common and malloc'd data are subject to the 8-byte alignment limitation.
I noticed that local data can now be aligned up to the preferred stack
boundary of the target in most circumstances.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)