This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch: PR testsuite/21865 (really a middle-end vector bug)
- From: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- To: dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca, rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:14:22 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Patch: PR testsuite/21865 (really a middle-end vector bug)
> > Hm, not sure how I missed that, I can reproduce it on ToT sources too.
> > Here is the patch again with this test skipped on PA. This test works
> > on 64 bit PA and only fails on 32 bit PA (where BIGGEST_ALIGNMENT is 8)
> > but I don't see an easy way to specify that with xfail or dg-skip-if so
> > I just skip it on all PA platforms. This test will probably start
> > failing on other platforms with 8 byte maximum alignment too.
> Actually, there are quite a few targets with BIGGEST_ALIGNMENT less
> than 128.
You are right, I was thinking the cutoff would be 64 bits, but if floats
are 4 bytes, then we have 4*4*8 which is 128.
Maybe Richard will offer an opinion since both the code I am changing
and the testcase were added by him.