This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
trampolines vs nonexecutable stack
- From: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:00:55 -0700
- Subject: trampolines vs nonexecutable stack
Our OS people would like the stack to become nonexecutable. This will
the current implementation of trampolines. Other targets with this
to handle it by generating an OS call to make the stack executable
but they'd like to avoid doing even that. Is there prior art for
to work under this restriction, malloc'd storage or something? Thanks.