This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Kill RBI structures
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 22:14:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: Kill RBI structures
- References: <20050624185431.GA8728@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
On Friday 24 June 2005 20:54, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> I've also replaced the next pointer used to communicate new layout of basic
> blocks by aux pointer...
I believe this is the Wrong Thing. The aux field should be available
to the passes, but that is no longer possible now, is it? And also,
as seen by the regressions from last week, it is just confusing to use
one field for so many things (and makes the code harder to read, etc.).
When do we want to communicate this new layout? Only when going out
of cfglayout mode? Why can't the bb->next_bb field just be used??