This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] include the TLS model in the tree decl
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:12:49 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] include the TLS model in the tree decl
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 18:10 +0200, Steven Bosscher wrote:
> Right now the TLS model of a VAR_DECL is determined in decl_tls_model
> in varasm.c, with an attribute to allow the user to set the model by
> hand. This patch steals three bits on tree_decl to store the model on
> the tree instead. This is more convenient if we're going to expose
> TLS addressing modes at the tree level.
> Bootstrapped and tested (c,c++,objc) on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
> OK for mainline?
Sigh, i only feel it approriate to tell you we don't have these bits
free in the new decl stuff i'm working on.
Mainly because the C++ FE's init_priority is using 16 of the 32 flag
bits on VAR_DECL