This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch for PR21969 (large vector causes ICE)
- From: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:43:11 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Patch for PR21969 (large vector causes ICE)
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 01:08:00PM -0700, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > That is certainly doable, but do we need vector sizes greater than 256?
> I know there's one bit of hw that really supports 256-wide
> vectors, and that's right at the limit.
OK, I'll work on a new patch, but I probably won't submit it until after
getting back from the GCC Summit. I guess if TYPE_VECTOR_SUBPARTS is
changed to be a shift expression, I'll need to create a seperate
SET_TYPE_VECTOR_SUBPARTS to insert the value. It looks like the macros
DECL_OFFSET_ALIGN and SET_DECL_OFFSET_ALIGN are already using this shift
method, so I can copy that setup.