This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch for PR21969 (large vector causes ICE)
- From: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:08:00 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Patch for PR21969 (large vector causes ICE)
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 09:53:06AM -0700, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > + /* nunits is stored in precision field which is "unsigned int : 9",
> > + 256 is the largest value that can be stored. */
> > + if (nunits > 256)
> Given that we only handle powers of 2, perhaps we should simply store
> the log2 of the actual number, and have the TYPE_VECTOR_SUBPARTS macro
> use (1 << bitfield).
That is certainly doable, but do we need vector sizes greater than 256?
My discovery of the ICE and submission of the PR was not based on any
real code, I was just experementing with vectors.