This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch for PR21969 (large vector causes ICE)
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:07:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch for PR21969 (large vector causes ICE)
- References: <200506201653.JAA04283@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 09:53:06AM -0700, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> + /* nunits is stored in precision field which is "unsigned int : 9",
> + 256 is the largest value that can be stored. */
> + if (nunits > 256)
Given that we only handle powers of 2, perhaps we should simply store
the log2 of the actual number, and have the TYPE_VECTOR_SUBPARTS macro
use (1 << bitfield).