This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: Killing "no return statement in function returning non-void"
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 09:29:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFC: Killing "no return statement in function returning non-void"
- References: <20050619161845.GH8728@kam.mff.cuni.cz>
On Sun, Jun 19, 2005 at 06:18:45PM +0200, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> The warning is currently enabled
> only on inline functions and since cfg inliner rewrite the usual CFG
> based warning is executed too, so I think this warning is completely
> redundant. What would you think of removing it and updating testsuite
> accordingly for the new warning?
I don't have a problem with that. It was a hack until we had proper
CFG data at the right place.