This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Unreviewed patch: Old loop optimizer clobbers frame pointer
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 16:50:24 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: Unreviewed patch: Old loop optimizer clobbers frame pointer
On Sat, 18 Jun 2005, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
This is OK for mainline. I agree that the risks of moving modifications
to the frame pointer (especially in the presence of pseudos) outway the
potential performance benefits. If we ever identify any cases where this
transformation is worthwhile, we can at that point investigate alternate
approaches, such as recording the dependency between all pseudos and
frame_pointer_rtx. However, this fix seems preferable for now.