This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] symbol versioning fixups
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- To: Benjamin Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:34:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: [v3] symbol versioning fixups
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Benjamin Kosnik wrote:
> * src/istream.cc: Move istream::ignore(streamsize) specializations...
> * src/compatibility.cc: ...here. New.
Also, I don't understand this part: ignore(streamsize) is a *new* symbol
- previously we had *only* the version with two arguments (and
defaults): it's needed for the new library not for compatibility with
the old one. Is this change really necessary?