This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: strverscmp for libiberty
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: gkeating at apple dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, ian at airs dot com
- Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:06:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: strverscmp for libiberty
- References: <20050614221214.3D126135FC20@geoffk5.apple.com>
> Any objections? Did I miss a detail?
You're missing documentation. And a reason why it's appropriate to
put this in libiberty, instead of in gcc. Is there some standard that
defines this function? Will anyone else use it besides gcc?
Also, the file doesn't quite follow FSF coding conventions, and
doesn't include libiberty.h or config.h nor use any of the HAVE_*
You should also add code to configure.ac to maybe set the HAVE_DECL_*
macro for libiberty's own use.