This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, committed] Prefer CTR to LR, eq SCC splitter
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 11:47:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, committed] Prefer CTR to LR, eq SCC splitter
- References: <200506081449.j58Enj027220@makai.watson.ibm.com>
On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 10:49:45AM -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:
> The following patch updates the ABI_AIX call patterns similarly to
> the earlier ABI_SYSV change to prefer CTR over LR for indirect calls.
> The patch also changes the eq SCC pattern to use a splitter that
> generates CLZ instead of using the carry bit.
Why would you mix the two patches.
Also, why would you bother splitting out the one case of x == 0,
when all of the other cases are ((x ^ y) == 0)?