This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch (x86): PR 18019 (again)
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:05:59 -0700
- Subject: Re: Patch (x86): PR 18019 (again)
- References: <email@example.com>
On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 03:33:33PM -0700, Dale Johannesen wrote:
> - Adds a ? to case 3, as we prefer q to r for source when available.
I don't see that this is a win. It's *not* more expensive to use
movl between registers, or to load constants. We're very VERY
pressed for room down in ... well, everywhere; we don't want to
increase that unnecessarily.
> - Adjusts the "type" computation so case 5 (?r, m) always uses movzbl.
This part is ok.