This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Failures in tests for obj-c++....
- From: David Ayers <d dot ayers at inode dot at>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Ziemowit Laski <zlaski at apple dot com>,Christian Joensson <christian dot joensson at gmail dot com>
- Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 23:19:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: Failures in tests for obj-c++....
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <42A57FFD.email@example.com> <42A58667.firstname.lastname@example.org> <42A59AFA.email@example.com>
David Ayers wrote:
> 2005-06-07 David Ayers <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * archive.c, init.c, selector.c: Include hash.h.
> * archive.c, class.c, encoding.c, gc.c, hash.c, hash_compat.c,
> init.c, misc.c, nil_method.c, objects.c, sarray.c, selector.c,
> sendmsg.c, thr-dce.c, thr-decosf1.c, thr-irix.c, thr-mach.c,
> thr-objc.c, thr-os2.c, thr-posix.c, thr-pthreads.c, thr-rtems.c,
> thr-single.c, thr-solaris.c, thr-vxworks.c, thr-win32.c, thr.c:
> Include Objective-C headers with quotes and objc/ directory
Committed after testing on i686-pc-linux-gnu.
(Approved here: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-06/msg00641.html)
This /should/ fix the problem. I wonder whether we should also remove
-I$(srcdir)/objc from the INCLUDES in Makefile.in to avoid future usage
of unqualified header files.
Also we should be weary of relying on:
#include "objc/runtime.h" /* the kitchen sink */
which will in turn:
which in theory could still continue to include old headers in setups
like Zem and Christian seem to be encountering as I assume the -B /-I
flags maybe somehow incorrect.
In any case, it would be nice to know if this actually does fix the
problem at hand. I need some sleep now though.