This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Improve chrec_convert PR/21861 and PR/18403
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Sebastian Pop <sebastian dot pop at cri dot ensmp dot fr>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:47:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] Improve chrec_convert PR/21861 and PR/18403
- References: <20050607181412.GA12738@napoca.cri.ensmp.fr>
On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 08:14:12PM +0200, Sebastian Pop wrote:
> PS: I'm not happy with the following change, because this could be
> done more transparently on demand, without systematically analyzing
> all the loops for estimating their niter:
> (execute_vrp): Call estimate_numbers_of_iterations for refining the
> information provided by scev analyzer.
How difficult would be to provide such an interface? Since it
can be called several times for the same loop, it should do
nothing on subsequent calls.
In the meantime, unless the call to e_n_o_i is too expensive, I
don't have a problem with the VRP bits.