This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] MIPS: mips16e machine patterns - zeb/zeh seb/seh
- From: Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at nildram dot co dot uk>
- Cc: David Ung <davidu at mips dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 11:45:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch] MIPS: mips16e machine patterns - zeb/zeh seb/seh
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> I suppose there's the question of whether this should be handled by a
> separate switch (-mips16e, like you've done) or whether the availability
> of MIPS16e should be inferred from the combination of -mips16 and the
> -march setting.
> I've no strong opinion either way, but I'd like to make sure that the
> possibility has been considered.
I think that since he later has a check for isa > 32 in the testsuite
area that we probably should base it on -mips16 and isa > 32.