This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Make SMS use doloop_condition_get
- From: Mostafa Hagog <MUSTAFA at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>, Eric Christopher <echristo at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>, Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 16:52:07 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Make SMS use doloop_condition_get
Richard Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote on 03/06/2005 00:31:03:
> What I'd prefer is handling other kinds of loops. What's interesting
> about doloop in the first place? It's just a specialized form of a
> count-down loop...
I agree that we must make SMS applicable to targets that doesn't support
doloop pattern. To do so we will have to use doloop_valid_p (from
loop-doloop.c) to detect countable loops -- SMS by definitions works only
on countable loops. Then we will have to make changes to the way we
generate prologue and epilogue, and take special care of compare and jump
instructions -- now the compare and jump are in the same instruction.
Currently, I will put some efforts in improving the loop carried memory
dependency information by propagating it (or part of it) from trees to RTL
(look at this http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-04/msg00461.html)