This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, i386]: Rounding mode switching improvements
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Uros Bizjak <uros dot bizjak at kss-loka dot si>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, jh at suse dot cz
- Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:42:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, i386]: Rounding mode switching improvements
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 10:08:27AM +0200, Uros Bizjak wrote:
> By adding entity that handles emms/femms mode switching, the same
> approach can be used to implement emms/femms insertions to handle
> automatic switching between MMX/x87 state
I'm less sure about this. Here we pretend mmx and fpu registers are
disjoint, when they aren't. It seems to me you'd have to do something
to prevent the register allocator from trying to use them simultaneously.
But that's something else than this patch.
This patch is ok.