This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ PATCH] Fix 21903
- From: "Giovanni Bajo" <rasky at develer dot com>
- To: "Nathan Sidwell" <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 20:30:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: [C++ PATCH] Fix 21903
- References: <42A48843.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nathan Sidwell <email@example.com> wrote:
>> ! /* An un-parsed default argument. Looks like an IDENTIFIER_NODE.
>> ! TREE_CHAIN is used to hold instantiations of functions that had to
>> ! be instantiated before the argument was parsed. */
>> DEFTREECODE (DEFAULT_ARG, "default_arg", tcc_exceptional, 0)
Why not using an additional new field in tree_default_arg instead (e.g. a
VEC of trees)? If we ever want to get rid of TREE_CHAIN, we should stop
adding new overloaded uses.