This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFA:] Remove target-gperf from cp/config-lang.in
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 23:55:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFA:] Remove target-gperf from cp/config-lang.in
- References: <200506052352.j55NqfV6029689@ignucius.se.axis.com>
Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
It seems the use of gperf (not even autoconfed $(GPERF)) in
rules in cp/ is the reason for confusion leading to target-gperf
being mentioned in target_libs. If it was actually required or
used, cygwin users would have noticed long ago as I said in my
Tested configuring for --target=i686-pc-cygwin and
--target=cris-axis-linux-gnu with/without the previous patch and
observing intended effect.
Actually, it seems I have to add some optional_libraries macro
to avoid disabling java on platforms where one of the $libgcj
isn't supported, but not actually required. Bah.
Ok to commit?