This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ping: remove duplication in mklibgcc.in
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Ben Elliston <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 22:07:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: Ping: remove duplication in mklibgcc.in
- References: <42A3D636.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ben Elliston <email@example.com> writes:
> I posted this patch some weeks ago and received one response (from
> Andreas Shwab, I believe). I incorporated his suggestion, but never
> received an approval. Posting again. Okay for mainline?
> + bit=$(eval "echo \$$bitvar")
> + bit_funcs=$(eval "echo \$$bit_funcs_var")
Don't use $(...) when it means `...` in this file. It may well be
portable enough for our purposes, but it is still in danger of being
confused with $(...) meaning a variable to be expanded by Make, not by
the shell script.