This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patch (rs6000): Prefer CTR to LR in indirect calls
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 05 Jun 2005 00:05:24 -0400
- Subject: Re: Patch (rs6000): Prefer CTR to LR in indirect calls
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I just realized that the patch is more intrusive than it needed to
be. The `*' modifier modifies the next character and does not need to be
a separate alternative. In other words, one should be able to achieve the
same effect with
[(call (mem:SI (match_operand:SI 0 "register_operand" "c*l,c*l"))
Would you please revert the patterns back to fewer alternatives using the
solution above, after bootstrapping and testing?