This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Patch (Darwin rs6000): Avoid saving LR to stack...
- From: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Dale Johannesen <dalej at apple dot com>
- Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 10:26:39 -0700
- Subject: Patch (Darwin rs6000): Avoid saving LR to stack...
...when the only reason to do so is that the PIC register was used.
save and restore LR in R0 around the magic PIC setup call. (This is a
bigger win than you might expect; it often results in eliminating the
frame completely, and also may make the function a sibcall candidate.)
Bootstrapped and tested.
2005-06-03 Dale Johannesen <email@example.com>
* config/rs6000/rs6000.c (rs6000_stack_info): Don't set
because Darwin PIC register used.
(rs6000_emit_prologue): Save LR in R0 around Darwin PIC setup,
if not done by lr_save_p.
Description: Text document