This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Mainline patch to stop collect2 unlinking directories
- From: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:36:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: Mainline patch to stop collect2 unlinking directories
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Jun 2, 2005, at 5:28 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
This patch, the mainline version of
collect2 from unlinking non-regular files when there is a linker error
(in particular stopping it from unlinking a directory named as linker
output on systems allowing directories to be unlinked).
OK to commit?
Seem reasonable to me and mirrors recent ld advances. -o /dev/null
is darwin's favorite example... when building as root, so this isn't