This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Some VRP improvements
- From: Paul Schlie <schlie at comcast dot net>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>,<gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:17:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: Some VRP improvements
> Diego Novillo wrote:
> This patch fixes a bunch of VRP-related PRs. ...
- Given that null-pointer optimization is target specific, i.e. only a
valid optimization for targets which terminally trap upon a null-pointer
dereference (which doesn't seem like a particularly useful behavior in
itself, as opposed to some other non-disruptive/non-terminal behavior);
many of the VRP test cases involving pointers should not correspondingly
presume the presence of this optimization by default?