This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] BIT_FIELD_REF on VECTOR_CST
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:05:09 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] BIT_FIELD_REF on VECTOR_CST
- References: <20050530192005.GD22349@devserv.devel.redhat.com>
On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 03:20:05PM -0400, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Is BIT_FIELD_REF supposed to be valid on trees other than
> structures and unions?
We don't have a tree-level vector element extract tree, so
bit-field-ref is all we have.
> * fold-const.c (fold_ternary): Optimize BIT_FIELD_REF of VECTOR_CST.