This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [cygwin/mingw] PR 21810: profiling of regparm functions
- From: Christopher Faylor <me at cgf dot cx>
- To: dannysmith at users dot sourceforge dot net,GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:06:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: [cygwin/mingw] PR 21810: profiling of regparm functions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 07:44:40PM +1200, Danny Smith wrote:
>Neither cygwin nor mingw's mcount needs a counter variable for
>profiling, so outputting these labels is a waste. In fact, loading a
>counter variable into a register (%edx) makes fixing the targets' mcount
>so that it can handle regparm functions a bit difficult.
>Chris, any objections to this. I have a patch to cygwin and mingw's
>mcount() that fixes the problem reported in
>but it requires this gcc patch as well.
>from Danny Smith <email@example.com>
> * config/i386/cygming.h (NO_PROFILE_COUNTERS): Define.