This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree profiling branch] folding constant in cond expr ( for versionednode)
- From: Razya Ladelsky <RAZYA at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, hubicka at ucw dot cz, jh at suse dot cz, Olga Golovanevsky <OLGA at il dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 11:48:24 +0300
- Subject: Re: [tree profiling branch] folding constant in cond expr ( for versionednode)
Steven Bosscher <email@example.com> wrote on 31/05/2005 09:41:26:
> On Monday 30 May 2005 13:44, Razya Ladelsky wrote:
> > Attached is a an addition of fold_cond_expr_cond () to
> > tree_function_versioning.
> > Also an obvious cleanup I missed in the previous cleanup patch.
> The obvious cleanup is OK.
> The tree-inline.c change is not OK, you should add a test case
> and at least a comment to explain why you must call that function
The problem was when compiling a function in cp/mangle.c, where the formal
with a constant (similar to what inlining does), in a conditional expr.
This produced a failure of not proper gimple code.
After consulting with Honza, it seems that this fix is the proper one for
as it is what the inliner does in these cases.
I encountered this problem when bootstrapping.
However, after the latest mainline merge, bootstrapping passes without
Maybe the fix is not necessary at the moment, but I still think it should
What do you think?