This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gfortran patch - g77 record markers
- From: Steve Kargl <sgk at troutmask dot apl dot washington dot edu>
- To: bud davis <bdavis9659 at comcast dot net>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 21:05:00 -0700
- Subject: Re: gfortran patch - g77 record markers
- References: <429BCCC2.email@example.com>
On Mon, May 30, 2005 at 09:32:34PM -0500, bud davis wrote:
> this patch adds a link time option, -frecord-mark-g77.
First, I applaud your effort. I'll look over the patch
> when invoked to make an executable, this selects a different library to
> be added to the link line, libgfortran_seq_io_g77. without this option,
> libgfortran_seq_io is linked in.
Can we agree that we need better library names? Personally,
I would prefer the standard library to be named libgfortran,
and the library that corresponds to -frecord-mark-g77 to be
named something else (perhaps, libcompatg77 or libg77record).