This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: expand_mult for partial_int modes?
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 21:00:23 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: expand_mult for partial_int modes?
On Fri, 27 May 2005, DJ Delorie wrote:
> * expmed.c (expand_mult): Convert partial_int multiplies to
> shift/add combinations too.
Given that your internal port is the only target that's affected by
this, it looks safe enough :) Ok for mainline with one minor tweak:
> - if (GET_MODE_CLASS (mode) == MODE_INT
> + if ((GET_MODE_CLASS (mode) == MODE_INT
> + || GET_MODE_CLASS (mode) == MODE_PARTIAL_INT)
This is more concisely written as SCALAR_INT_MODE_P (mode).