This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] gimplification of types (PR c/21536)
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 13:16:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC] gimplification of types (PR c/21536)
- References: <20050527175807.GS9038@devserv.devel.redhat.com>
On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 01:58:07PM -0400, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> ... or the frontends would need to guarantee that for all types with some
> variable TYPE_SIZE reachable from the type there would be a DECL_EXPR with
> TYPE_DECL right before the first use of such type.
> What's your preference?
This later option should be the eventual goal. That's not appropriate
for the 4.0 branch though. Your posted patch plus some additions for
aggregates should be good enough for that.