This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] gimplification of types (PR c/21536)
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: jakub at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 May 05 14:16:39 EDT
- Subject: Re: [RFC] gimplification of types (PR c/21536)
PR c/21536 fails because gimplify_type_sizes is only called
on variable sized types of variables, but not e.g. if
a variable has a type pointer to a variable sized type.
That's as designed.
The variable-sized type itself should be gimplified at some point.
You have to be careful about self-referential types (or chains of types)
if you go too far down the road you are proposing.