This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix register elimination bug in reload
- From: Ulrich Weigand <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: ian at airs dot com (Ian Lance Taylor)
- Cc: rmathew at gmail dot com (Ranjit Mathew), uweigand at de dot ibm dot com (Ulrich Weigand), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org (GCC Patches)
- Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:31:18 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix register elimination bug in reload
Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Ranjit Mathew <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> > You have introduced a statement before a
> > variable declaration. It doesn't stop
> > bootstrap for me, but I do see a warning
> > about it. (I wonder why bootstrap didn't
> > fail though - isn't -Werror the default
> > these days?)
> I checked in a patch for this problem last night.
Many thanks for fixing this problem. Sorry for overlooking this ...
Can you check in your fix to the 4.0 branch as well, or should I do it?
> reload1.o-warn = -Wno-error
> This has been there since May 2004. I haven't seen those warnings
> myself. Do we still need it?
Well, I'm not seeing any warnings either ...
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
Linux on zSeries Development