This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] Use atomic builtins (powerpc, alpha)
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Cc: "'gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:42:38 +0200
- Subject: Re: [v3] Use atomic builtins (powerpc, alpha)
- References: <429445C8.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20050525123732.GA4168@nevyn.them.org>
Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
>On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 11:30:48AM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>>tested on ia64/powerpc64/alphaev67-linux, committed to mainline.
> - Is there anything architecture-specific left in the patched files,
> or could you use a common file for arches which support the
Yes, thanks, that's a good idea. For now would be only powerpc and
alpha, but we are going to do that.
> - Looks like nothing in GCC handles this:
>>-#define _STWCX "sync \n\tstwcx. "
>>-#define _STWCX "stwcx. "
>Would be nice to fix that or at least file a bug report about it.
To fix that - where - ? In the implementation of the powerpc builtins
themselves, I suppose. I'm not competent about that, and I have to trust
the maintainers about it. I'm not even sure about the best way to
espress the problem in the PR, sorry. Maybe you can do that? Thanks in