This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [java/c++/rfc] avoid plt references to cni methods
- From: Ranjit Mathew <rmathew at gmail dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCJ Patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:14:52 +0530
- Subject: Re: [java/c++/rfc] avoid plt references to cni methods
- References: <20050524211342.GA22147@redhat.com>
Richard Henderson wrote:
> The idea is that CNI code will be in the same DSO as its corresponding
> Java code. Indeed, after this patch it MUST be in the same DSO. We
> arrange for the C++ front end to emit hidden aliases for all of the
> functions that we need, and we use those in the _Jv_Method table.
For the uninitiated, can you please provide some background
information and the need for this set of patches? Is it
related to the discussion in:
I think this definitely needs to be documented
In the first part of this patch set, you say:
This is patch 1 of 3 trying to fix the CNI plt problem
currently causing lots of Java failures.
What failures? On a randomly picked recent message
for testresults on IA64, I see a lot of Java failures:
though I haven't been seeing anything like this on
i686-pc-linux-gnu for several weeks now. Are these the
failures you refer to?
Thanks in advance for answering my naive queries.
Ranjit Mathew Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com
Bangalore, INDIA. Web: http://ranjitmathew.hostingzero.com/