This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH to libcpp: Move to the intersection of C90 an C++
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>, Per Bothner <per at bothner dot com>, rth at redhat dot com, bkoz at redhat dot com
- Date: 25 May 2005 00:30:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: PATCH to libcpp: Move to the intersection of C90 an C++
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Gabriel Dos Reis <email@example.com> writes:
| This patch moves libcpp to the intersection of C90 and C++.
| It survived testing on i686-pc-linux-gnu, sparc-sun-solaris2.7 and
| HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZERS cannot be true if __cplusplus.
| We don't want to #define to unsigned char if __cplusplus
There is a missing "bool" here, sorry.
| (that causes link failure when bulding the GNU C compiler with
| g++, as gcc/system.h do not #define bool in that case).
| The definition of union _cpp_hashnode_value needs to be moved at the
| global scope, because a structure defines a scope in C++ (while they
| don't in C)
| OK to install when mainline is back?
The patch brings us in line with our coding conventions, and ease
further works that focuse on gcc/.