This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [csl-sol210] Patch to disable constant pools
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:19:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: [csl-sol210] Patch to disable constant pools
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Joseph S. Myers wrote:
Any comments on whether this, as-is or in a more general form, would be a
useful feature for mainline?
As a more general feature, I think this might be useful -- but I think
that it should not go in until/unless it works for most targets, or at
least fails loudly on targest where it's not supported. For example, I
suspect that your change will not work on ARM, where constant pools are
generated in the back end.