This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Call for middle-end reviewer] Oustanding visibility PR 20218
- From: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- To: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- Cc: "'gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org'" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>,Michael Matz <matz at suse dot de>, pluto at agmk dot net
- Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 22:10:13 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Call for middle-end reviewer] Oustanding visibility PR 20218
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
>On Fri, 20 May 2005, Paolo Carlini wrote:
>>3- Middle-end (middle-end/20218 proper). A patch is available here:
>>Unreviewed to date, but *carefully and extensively tested on many
>>arches* by PR submitter together with the other two patches.
>Unfortunately, to contradict the above comment, it looks like HJ
>has only tested this potentially destablizing patch on Intel
>architectures; i386, x86_64 and ia64, and then only under Linux.
First, thanks for your reply: I hope we can finally make progress on
this issue with help from the port maintainers, as you are saying.
Only a quick comment, however, not of technical nature, a clarification:
actually my remark above was partially *wrong*, in this sense: I
confused submitter of 20218 (HJ himself) with submitter of 19664 (Pawel
Sikora, "pluto"): the latter indeed reported to have tested the entire
set (19664 + 20218) on other arches beyond those three: I see now that
probably he didn't run the entire testsuite. Sorry about the confusion.